In the Event of a Fire
- Call 999 on a mobile device and 9-999 from a University landline and ask for the Fire Service.
- Inform the operator that the fire is in the School of Chemistry, North Haugh, KY16 9ST and provide as much useful information as you can.
- A summary of laboratory hazards are available for the fire service. The password protected document can accessed HERE.
In the Event of a Flood
- In normal working hours (9am – 5pm): contact Scott Filiopovic on 07834 785150 or Kevin Jones on 07762181353
- Outside normal working hours: contact Security and Response on 01334 468999
In the Event of a Serious Injury
- If someone sustains a major injury (catastrophic bleeding, extensive burns, severe head injury etc) call 999 on a mobile device and 9-999 from a University landline and ask for the Ambulance Service
- Inform the operator that the incident occurred in the School of Chemistry, North Haugh, KY16 9ST and provide any useful information.
In the Event of a Minor Injury
Call a First-Aider for assistance. Contact details (including phone numbers) can be found HERE.
Transportation of Non-Emergency Casualties to Hospital
The University has accounts with Golf City Taxis and Williamson Taxis. These companies can be contacted if a non-emergency casualty needs to be taken to the St Andrews Medical Centre (or hospital) and no other form of transportation is available.
- Golf City Taxis can be contacted on 01334 477788
- Williamson Taxis can be contacted on 01334 476787